This is episode 157 of the Absolute Mind podcasts and today I am covering meditation and how learning meditation can make you feel great!
This is a request from our Facebook audience and once again thank you for sending in your requests if you have any please do send a message with your request.
Please do bear in mind that we have created this podcast to be of some insight and some sort of assistance but by no means a way to treat conditions on their own.
If you do have any deep-rooted conditions or ailments that you’d like some assistance with on a one-to-one professional approach, then please feel free to contact either me or Michael on Facebook or directly through the website and we can arrange sessions that way or via Skype, whatever suits.
Meditation has many benefits an if used can be a life changing ritual that you can partake in. Studies show meditation is essential to feeling well, eliminate negative thoughts, worries, anxieties and can help to block out all those factors that can prevent us from feeling happy within ourselves. Its believed that regular practice of meditation can mitigate the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
So if you’re feeling a little off and not quite right then meditation could be your answer! But theres more……. theres more ways in which meditation can help you in your life.
What are the benefits of meditation?
The benefits of meditation is no secret, look at the highly successful people and you will no doubt find that a large number of successful people meditate. Meditation is known for its ability to relieve stress and anxiety and can have a positive impact on life.
- Reduces stress – To meditate means to take charge of our own nervous system and emotions. Studies show that regular meditation can improve our ability to regulate our emotions in the brain.
- Improved Concentration – Meditation has been linked to an increased ability to focus, improved memory a clearer mind is a calmer mind and a calmer mind can concentrate much easier.
- Increased Self Awareness – Meditation can put you onto the right track of being happy within yourself. It can trigger the left side of your prefrontal cortex which is the part responsible for positive emotions.
- Better Sleep – It is suggested that regular mediation can help to alleviate sleep problems such as insomnia and can allow you to feel more relaxed going to bed, with less wake times during the night.
- Happier – Studies show that those who meditate regularly are overall much happier. when we meditate we gain an insight to our inner minds and can see negative thoughts without allowing them to impact us, knowing that they are simply just that “a negative thought”
- More Relaxed – Meditation allows your mind and your body to relax, which means those external stressors are no longer such a big thing. Regular practice of this relaxed approach allows the body and mind to respond to stressors in a relaxed way rather than the fight or flight approach.
When Should You Meditate?
If you are new to meditation, It may be beneficial to practice regular 5 minutes meditation a day for the first week or so working on regulating your breathing, focusing on the breath and becoming aware of bodily sensations. The more you practice the easier it will becomes to get into your “zone” of relaxation. once you become a regular meditator you will know you’re own routine and what works bet for you, some people like to mediate first thing in the morning to help them start their day completely calm and zen like.
- Health IQ – A life insurance agency that uses science and data to secure lower rates on life insurance for health-conscious people. To see if you qualify, get your free quote today at HealthIQ/Paula